STMicroElectronics: In-circuit Debugger/Programmer for STM8 and STM32 - ST-LINK/V2
The ST-LINK/V2 is an in-circuit debugger and programmer for the STM8 and STM32 microcontrollers. The single-wire interface module (SWIM) and JTAG/serial wire debugging (SWD) interfaces are used to communicate with any STM8 or STM32 microcontroller located on an application board. In addition to providing the same functionalities as the ST-LINK/V2, the ST-LINK/V2-ISOL features digital isolation between the PC and the target application board. It also withstands voltages of up to 1000 Vrms.
STM8 applications use the USB full-speed interface to communicate with the ST Visual Develop (STVD-STM8) or ST Visual Programmer (STVP-STM8) software, or with integrated development environments from third-parties.
STM32 applications use the USB full-speed interface to communicate with the STM32CubeIDE software tool or with integrated development environments from third-parties.
- 5 V power supplied by a USB connector
- USB 2.0 full-speed compatible interface
- USB Type-A to Mini-B cable provided
- SWIM specific features:
- 1.65 V to 5.5 V application voltage support on the SWIM interface
- SWIM low-speed and high-speed modes support
- SWIM programming speed rates: 9.7 kbyte/s in low-speed, 12.8 kbyte/s in high-speed
- SWIM cable for connection to an application with an ERNI standard connectorVertical connector reference: 284697 or 214017Horizontal connector reference: 214012
- SWIM cable for connection to an application with pin headers or 2.54 mm pitch connector
- JTAG/serial wire debug (SWD) specific features:
- 1.65 V to 3.6 V application voltage support on the JTAG/SWD interface and 5 V tolerant inputs
- JTAG cable for connection to a standard JTAG 20-pin 2.54 mm pitch connector
- JTAG support
- SWD and serial wire viewer (SWV) communication support
- Direct firmware update support (DFU)
- Status LED blinking during the communication with the PC
- Operating temperature from 0 °C to 50 °C
- 1000 Vrms high isolation voltage (ST-LINK/V2-ISOL only)