Intel Edison With Arduino Breakout Kit
The Intel Edison is an ultra small computing platform that will change the way you look at embedded electronics. Each Edison is packed with a huge amount of tech goodies into a tiny package while still providing the same robust strength of your go-to single board computer. Powered by the Intel® Atom™ SoC dual-core CPU and including an integrated WiFi, Bluetooth LE, and a 70-pin connector to attach a veritable slew of shield-like “Blocks” which can be stacked on top of each other.
The Intel® Edison packs a robust set of features into its small size, delivering great performance, durability, and a broad spectrum of I/O and software support. Those versatile features help meet the needs of a makers, inventors, and beginners. This is a module with a high speed processor and WiFi and Bluetooth Radios on board. It’s low power and small footprint make it ideal for projects that need a lot of processing power, but don’t have the ability to be near a larger power source or have a large footprint.
This kit also includes a Arduino Breakout, which essentially gives your Edison the ability to interface with Arduino shields or any board with the Arduino footprint. Digital pins 0 to 13 (and the adjacent AREF and GND pins), analog inputs 0 to 5, the power header, ICSP header, and the UART port pins (0 and 1) are all in the same locations as on the Arduino Uno R3 (Arduino 1.0 pinout). Additionally, the Intel® Edison Arduino Breakout includes a micro SD card connector, a micro USB device port connected to UART2, and a combination micro USB device connector and dedicated standard size USB 2.0 host Type-A connector (selectable via a mechanical microswitch).
- Intel® Atom™ system-on-a-chip (SoC) based on leading-edge 22 nm Silvermont microarchitecture including a dual-core CPU and single core microcontroller (MCU)
- Integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE, memory, and storage
- Support for more than 30 industry-standard I/O interfaces via a 70-pin connector
- Support for Yocto Linux, Arduino, Python, Node.js, and Wolfram
- Open source community software tools enabling ease of adoption and inspiring third-party app developers to build apps for consumers.
- EDI1.SPON.AL.S (System-On-Modules - SOM Edison Module IoT Internal Antenna)
- Compatible with Arduino Uno (except only 4 PWM instead of 6 PWM).
- 20 digital input/output pins including 4 pins as PWM outputs
- 6 analog inputs
- 1 UART (RX/TX)
- 1 I2C
- 1 ICSP 6-pin header (SPI)
- Micro USB device connector OR (via mechanical switch) dedicated standard size USB host Type-A connector
- Micro USB device (connected to UART)
- SD Card connector
- Intel Edison With Arduino Breakout Kit Datasheet
- Intel Edison With Arduino Breakout Kit Hardware Guide
- Intel Edison With Arduino Breakout Kit Software
- 1 x Arduino Breakout Board without Intel Edison
|Processor||Intel® Atom™ SoC Dual-core|